Monday, December 4, 2006

Darkness falls across the land...

The weather and darkness is getting to us now. This is different from the depression I have felt in the past. It’s more physical than it is psychological or emotional. No matter how much sleep we get, we tend to get tired and sleepy in the mid afternoon when the sun sets at 3:30 PM.

The other problem is the weather. I’m used to sunny days. Last week a dense fog has set in and it did not go away until Friday. The weekend was clear and sunny – for the first time in weeks. I knew about the lack of sunlight in the winter and I thought that getting out during the day would help, but the weather is so grey. Thing 1 saw the sun through the fog the other day and told me that it was trying to say hello. It needs to speak up! Last week, I could actually look directly at the sun without getting blinded by the light because of the fog.

Temperatures have been above normal in the 40’s/50’s during the day and 30’s in the evening. No snow in our forecast at this time

No comments: