Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Trash Bandit strikes again!

Last month, I wrote a post about our neighborhood trash bandit and my attempts to thwart him. Well, this morning, he declared war!

I now have a lock for my trash gate and still the bastard managed to reach through the gate, open the trash can, slice open the bag enough for him to sift through it. He didn't make a mess, but had the trash collector come by and tried to collect the bag, it would have surely thrown trash everywhere. I had to go out this morning and put the broken bag into a new bag.

I have now placed the cans against the wall with the opening facing the wall and I am planning on lining the gate with a flattened cardboard box. If that does not work, I will be collecting dog poop from my dogs and setting up a dummy bag right at the top for him to dig his hands in. I'm inching closer to surveillance.

No comments: