Thursday, November 2, 2006

On the road again….can’t wait to get back on the road again…

Have I mentioned how much I miss my car? Forget “happy lights” – sitting in my car (heck just seeing my car) would help any blues I may have. It is supposed to get here this month. I feel like I kid waiting for Christmas. I could not believe how dependent I had become on my car.

Taxi fare is expensive here and the bus is not very “stroller” friendly. Round trip to Thing 1's school is $20 USD. Any other side trips add up quickly. I don’t like the taxi either because both kids are riding without their car seats and that worries me. It was hard at first when it wasn’t so cold because Thing 2 would move around a lot and it was hard to contain her within my seatbelt. Now, I have her immobilized by her winter coat so she has to stay put.

Parking here is interesting. Drivers create parking spaces on sidewalks. They don’t block the whole sidewalk, but drive one side of the car up on the sidewalk. I’ve seen this everywhere. This makes the roads much wider than the usual European roads.

No comments: