Thursday, August 14, 2008

Heading Eastbound....

Our time is up! 6 weeks came and went faster than you can say hurricane warning! Thank God there were not any of those. We have had a great time and even though the steamy weather in Florida is not for me, the beach and other water fun helped me cope. I am looking forward to the cooler 70 degree highs/50 degree low in Warsaw though!

Over the past 45 days, I have seen more friends and family than I used to see all year when I lived here. It has been exhausting but also much fun to catch up albeit so briefly with old friends. And there are so many of them these days with Facebook. You can think back to kindergarten and if you know a past classmates name, chances are they are on Facebook or MySpace. Is there even a need for private investigators these days? Just log on to Facebook and you know what your friends are doing and on some occasions, where they are!

While I wish I could see my friends and family more than once a year, I do miss being home. There is something about being in your own house/environment that is different from staying at mom’s house.

So, our bags are pretty much packed. The children (mostly Thing 1) and I have reviewed the tentative plan for tomorrow and we will be launching Operation Air Travel Survival tomorrow morning. Despite my pleas to the State Department travel agency, the best they could do was a two stop flight. So, we will be traveling through Dulles (DC), catching a flight to Munich and then on ward to Warsaw. If everything goes as it is now scheduled, we will be arriving in Warsaw by 12:30pm Friday after 19 hours of travel. If it is not in the cards for it to go as planned, I ask the universe to delay me in Dulles so that our flight leaves later and children will “sleep” on the way to Munich. Last year, I had the Cat waiting for me at the end of the journey, but tomorrow, it will truly be all me. I can only hope that we arrive around 12:30 so we can have a round of naps (myself included) around 2:30pm.

So, wish me luck folks and I’ll catch you up once I am on the other side of the pond!

No comments: