Friday, August 15, 2008

Homeward Bound Alas!

The kids are finally sleeping so I am playing catch up.

Well, we passed out for another round of naps before arriving in Warsaw. Nothing significant on this flight either except some major turbulence that my kids thought was exciting - it unnerved me and it takes a lot to get me to that point. After taking a cab I came home to my clean house thanks to my wonderful housekeeper and our two dogs who were as happy to be home as we were.

While this was not a nightmarish trip with two young kids, I am certainly exhausted and happy that this is the last time that I will travel alone with such young children. I have already left the cereal box and two bowls out for tomorrow and told Thing 1 to help himself and Thing 2 to cereal for breakfast. I don't even know if my car will start after sitting there for six weeks. I suppose that will make the difference between a trip to the store tomorrow and meal delivery. I just want to hibernate knowing that very soon I will have my mornings to myself again - my vacation time at last!

No comments: